Saturday, March 23, 2013

Homemade Rotisserie

Here are a few photos of the rotisserie that I made to help me with my body work.  It was one of the first things I accomplished.  Luckily it was done prior to my first knee surgery.  After some research of different web sites/blogs of those who had made these, I came up with the design below.  It is sitting on casters to allow me to move the shell around as needed.  I need to replace the tubing that the shell rotates on, its way to thin.  It will work for now.  


Here is a shot of the front mount.  It is bolted to the main front subframe tower bolt mount.  I made it out of some left over 2"x2" tubing and angle iron I had laying around.    


Rear shot.


Here is the rear mount.  It is bolted to the rear shock mounts in the fender well.  I used the same setup as the front, just adjusted it to ensure the body would sit level.  Please disregard the items in the photo.  I wasn't working on the car at the time and need a place to store them.  I know, its a shame, but when you are not able to do any work and your garage gets cluttered, something has to give.  


No comments:

Post a Comment